Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Barre <mb...@digiterra.com> on 2001/07/26 17:32:53 UTC

tomcat4b6 classpath for poolman.xml

I am moving a few of my applications from tomcat 3.2 to tomcat4-b6. I have them up and
running except for some trouble with poolman. From the trace before it kills tomcat, it
looks like it can't find the poolman.xml file. With tomcat 3.2 I simply have this file in
my jdkhome/jre/lib/ext/ folder. Anyone have a tip for where I should place a copy for
tomcat 4 to access? I'm on win2k with 2.0.4 of poolman.

Thanks,
Matt

fault tolerance tomcat4

Posted by Matt Barre <mb...@digiterra.com>.
I am hosting several sites on a Solaris 8 SPARC box. I would like to use tomcat4 b6+ to
take care of all my serving. I've load tested it using JMeter and it performs more than
admirably for my uses. My question is how to replicate the fault tolerance I used to have
with apache + tomcat where I had a loadbalanced worker. Will I have to use apache to do
this or is there another way?

Matt

Re: tomcat4b6 classpath for poolman.xml

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Matt Barre wrote:

> PoolMan.jar is located inside my /tomcat/common/lib/ folder

Try putting the properties file in /tomcat/common/classes (which you might
have to create first).  That way, it will be made available through the
same class loader that the PoolMan classes are.

If that doesn't work, then some digging inside the PoolMan sources will be
needed to figure out what is going on.

> Matt

Craig

Posted by Matt Barre <mb...@digiterra.com>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Matt Barre wrote:

> I guess it might help to include the trace from the out screen. :)
>
> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
> Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6
> Starting service Tomcat-Apache
> Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6
> null
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at com.codestudio.management.PoolManConfiguration.parseXML(PoolManConfig
> uration.java:121)
>         at com.codestudio.management.PoolManConfiguration.loadConfiguration(Pool
> ManConfiguration.java:75)
>         at com.codestudio.management.PoolManBootstrap.<init>(PoolManBootstrap.ja
> va:61)

Well, the bug is inside the parseXML() method of PoolMan, so it's pretty
hard to tell what's going on.  Where do you have the JAR file containing
PoolMan itself?

> Matt

Craig McClanahan