Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Puri, Aseem" <As...@Honeywell.com> on 2009/06/16 06:15:47 UTC

K-means clustering algorithm on HBase

Hi

            I want to use K-means algorithm for clustering of HBase row
data with help of map reduce. I don't know it is possible or not. If
anybody tried this thing then please help me.

Thanks & Regards

Aseem Puri

Re: K-means clustering algorithm on HBase

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry, we can't help you with designing your algorithm.  But we can
answer any specific questions you have about hbase-specific schema,
interoperability between hbase and map-reduce and hbase operations.

Good luck!
-ryan

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I haven't heard of anyone doing this on HBase specifically, but the ASF Mahout project is building mapreduce formulations of various clustering, recommender, and other related machine learning and data mining algorithms:

    http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/

Hope that helps,

   - Andy (a Mahout lurker)