Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "da Costa Oliveira, Pedro Manuel" <Pe...@sunrise.net> on 2008/03/17 16:17:39 UTC

M2eclipse 0.9

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your effor on the new 0.9 version of m2eclipse.
The plugin works the way it should have always worked... still a bit
slow sometimes, but apart from that.. GREAT!

However, I came across a strange issue.
I've got a web app project that depends on an EJB project and this one
then depends on other projects:
- WebApp
    - EJB
        - project 1
              - dependency 1
              - dependency N
       - project N
       - dependency 1
       - dependency N

project means internal project
dependency means dependency on some external framework.

If the project (1..N) is opened in eclipse, the plugin adds their
dependencies, but not the projects themselves.
If the project (1..N) is closed or not checked out, the plugin adds
their dependencies and the projects (jar).

This means that if in the webapp i depend on code in project 1..N, I
have to have the projects 1..N closed or not checked out, which 99% of
the times is not
what I want, nor the desired behaviour!!!

Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

I haven't come across any other problems.

Regards,
Pedro

RE: M2eclipse 0.9

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
By default M2e is using "workspace resolution" which means it is adding
the other projects in your workspace to the classpath instead of taking
an older jar from the local repo. When you close the project, it will
switch to taking it from the local repo. You can enable/disable the
workspace resolution per project or globally via the maven menus.