Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Guy Bashan <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/04 10:35:43 UTC

[MyFaces][Core] MyFaces configuration file

Hi,

I just wanted to raise your attention about a weird thing that can happen in
MyFaces and took me a few hours to understand. I am not quite sure this is a
bug, but it certainly can create an undesired behavior:
It seems like there is a new mechanism that allows "auto reloading" of JSF
configuration files.
This mechanism involves dates checking to make sure if file should be
reloaded.
Anyway, there can be a case, in which, files are being deployed in a server
that has different GMT. This will cause web app files to have "future" date.
This issue will cause the configuration files to never be loaded and I
believe that JSF part responsible for loading the files will be "stuck" in a
loop causing the whole web application not to load.

Hope this information might save you some time if you will even encounter
this issue...

Guy.

Re: [MyFaces][Core] MyFaces configuration file

Posted by Guy Bashan <gu...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guy,