Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Ben Martz <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/20 19:47:47 UTC

exception patch for 2.3.1?

Hi guys,

I'm finally making the move from 2.0-004 to 2.3.1 and find myself wondering
if there is a current "official" statement regarding the exception issues in
FastCharStream.cs? Further, has any consideration been made to actually
formally documenting the issues in a highly visible manner so that new users
will know what to do? I understand that LUCENENET-8 and LUCENENET-11 have
been closed as invalid for technical project management reasons but
Lucene.Net is unacceptably slow without resolving the unexceptional
exception issue and this does a disservice to the project and to the
community at large. Thanks to Ian Vink's recent submission of LUCENENET-171
for reminding me about this issue otherwise I might have deployed without
fixing it first since speed tests are (were!) not part of my core test
suite.

That aside, thank you all for the hard work that has gone into this project.

Cheers,
Ben

Re: exception patch for 2.3.1?

Posted by Ben Martz <be...@gmail.com>.
I would be more than happy to, DIGY. Would it be best to attach a
unified diff or open another JIRA issue? I can't take credit for the
fixes since others have contributed them before.

Re: exception patch for 2.3.1?

Posted by Ben Martz <be...@gmail.com>.
DIGY, et al,

The unified patch has been posted as