Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by rangeli nepal <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/11 01:28:16 UTC

Fwd: Authorization Header

Hello Everybody,

Recently I inherited a application built on top of httpclient ( written with
httpclient 3)  that communicate with server using ssl client auth.

Now we want to add a feature to add a Authorization header having custom
scheme and value. ie.
Authorization: Custom customValue= <Some string>

 I am not sure what exactly we need to do from httpclient perspective. Any
help will be highly appreciated.

I did try to  creatte customCredential and AuthScheme.  But unfortunately it
does not create any authorization header. I have
set preemptive Authentication

httpClient.getParams().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);

AuthPolicy.registerAuthScheme(FooAuthScheme.NAME,
                DeceAuthScheme.class);
List authPrefs = new ArrayList(1);
        authPrefs.add(AuthPolicy.getAuthScheme(FooAuthScheme.NAME));

        params.setParameter(AuthPolicy.AUTH_SCHEME_PRIORITY, authPrefs);
        InflateEncode iEncode=new InflateEncode(true);
      String encodedString=iEncode.getEncodeString();

     httpClient.getState().setCredentials(new AuthScope("myhost", 8080,
AuthScope.ANY_REALM), new
         FooCredentials(encodedString)) ;

Thank you.
rn