Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@list.ru> on 2004/07/01 08:23:41 UTC

Eclipse project files (was: Eclipse, Maven and Excalibur - Carsten?)

Hi, gang!

CZ> Now, we could add the Eclipse project files to our svn if we want. If
CZ> we use variables for the paths in the eclipse project then this should
CZ> work for everyone using eclipse.

This would probably worth it!

IDEA files are there already,
should be feasible do the same for Eclipse.

Don't feel like switching to IDEA :)

Anton

Re: Eclipse project files

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Shash Chatterjee wrote:
> volunteer to checkin the .classpath/.project after that

I suggest "Don't".
My experience is that it is better to leave the .classpath/.project
out of the CVS/SVN, but check in a workable template which people
should start out with.
It is too easy for developers to loose touch with those files, and
sooner or later someone will manage to get absolute paths in there and
everything stops working for everyone else.

Just my 3 cents.

Niclas

Re: Eclipse project files (was: Eclipse, Maven and Excalibur - Carsten?)

Posted by Shash Chatterjee <sh...@badfw.org>.
> Hi, gang!
>
> CZ> Now, we could add the Eclipse project files to our svn if we
> want. If CZ> we use variables for the paths in the eclipse project
> then this should CZ> work for everyone using eclipse.
>
> This would probably worth it!
>
> IDEA files are there already,
> should be feasible do the same for Eclipse.
>
> Don't feel like switching to IDEA :)

I have had success setting up Eclipse so far with the SVN repo.  I need to do
a bit of debugging to make sure I am importing source correctly, etc.  I
volunteer to checkin the .classpath/.project after that (will discuss on this
list how I have it setup to make sure I am doing it in a sane way, pretty
simple so far).  I also got subclipse-0.9.4 to work with Eclipse-3.0, pretty
painless (though slow at startup).  I also got MavenIDE plugin for Eclipse,
and was able to build OK through it.

Shash