Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Claassen <mc...@ocie.net> on 2006/12/08 20:55:43 UTC

RE: Tomcat and OCSP

I asked this on the user list, but perhaps this is a question better for
here.  I have been using Tomcat for a while, but have not been developing
yet really (although I did submit a patch a while ago to the CGIServlet).
However, this OCSP issue has potential to really hit the fan for us and if
there is something that needs to be done, I would like to try.

Posted by Mark Claassen <mc...@ocie.net>.
I don't know.  I am looking at the Tomcat 6.0 source, and I see
    protected void configureClientAuth(SSLServerSocket socket){
        if (wantClientAuth){
            socket.setWantClientAuth(wantClientAuth);
        } else {
            socket.setNeedClientAuth(requireClientAuth);
        }
    }

Since this is using a java.net.ssl.SSLServerSocket, maybe this is set to
work...

Mark

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

RE: Tomcat and OCSP

Posted by Mark Claassen <mc...@ocie.net>.
No, Tomcat uses the regular Java API.  You don't see it, since it is buried
in the SSL Handshake code.  Then, just for fun, if you are using CLIENT-CERT
auth, Tomcat checks all the dates again (but not the trust).

Yeah, I am looking at that now in the JSSESocketFactory.  When I first
checked, I looked in the Tomcat5.0 source, since that is what we are using
now.  I will have to look at that again and see if I just misread something.
Maybe it will just work and all it will take is someone to jump through the
myriad of hoops necessary to test it.  Painful, but I may just be the guy to
do it.

Mark

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

RE: Tomcat and OCSP

Re: Tomcat and OCSP

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Tomcat and OCSP

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

RE: Tomcat and OCSP

Posted by Mark Claassen <mc...@ocie.net>.
Since you say that, I am assuming that OCSP is so far not included in Tomcat
6.0.

Any hints on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

P.S.  I am doing the download target in the build right now and I am getting
this:
downloadgz:
      [get] Getting:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/collections/source/commons-co
llections-3.1-src.tar.gz
      [get] To: C:\usr\share\java\file.tar.gz
   [gunzip] Expanding C:\usr\share\java\file.tar.gz to
C:\usr\share\java\file.tar

BUILD FAILED
C:\dsi\Netbeans\GeneralProjects\Tomcat6\apache-tomcat-6.0.2-src\build.xml:55
3: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\dsi\Netbeans\GeneralProjects\Tomcat6\apache-tomcat-6.0.2-src\build.xml:51
8: Problem expanding gzip invalid block type

Re: Tomcat and OCSP

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Mark,