Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Reynier Perez Mira <rp...@uci.cu> on 2008/04/14 15:28:26 UTC

Problems commiting to SVN Repository

Hi every:
This is my first post to both list: subversion and subclipse. Before all let me say that for this first time I send the same post to both list, so if any say me wich is the correct list this wont happen again. Ok?

Well I use Eclipse and Subclipse as SVN plugin. When I do a "Sinchronize with Repository" task and then clic COMMIT I get this error:

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Path is not a working copy directory
svn: 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model\.svn\entries': The system cannot find the path specified.

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Path is not a working copy directory
svn: 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model\.svn\entries': The system cannot find the path specified.

I don't know if this is a Subclipse problem or a Eclipse thing. Can any help me with this?
Cheers and thanks in advance
Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira
Grupo Soporte al Desarrollo Dirección Técnica

RE: RE: Problems commiting to SVN Repository

Posted by John Niven <jn...@bravurasolutions.com>.

Any diff tool could do this, one I'd recommend is KDiff3 (http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/) (because it's (a) very cool, and (b) free/libre software).

Cheers
John

Posted by Reynier Perez Mira <rp...@uci.cu>.
Hi:

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Reynier Perez Mira <rp...@uci.cu>.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

RE: Problems commiting to SVN Repository

Posted by Reynier Perez Mira <rp...@uci.cu>.
> My guess is that you are versioning a folder that Eclipse builds to?
No, I'm versioning a folder that belongs to my project. Before I do my first "commit" I ignored every folder that not belong to my project. This folder as I said before belong.

> I have seen instances before where the Eclipse builder will
> delete everything (including the .svn folders) and then build
> everything.
So exists any posibility for not loose every subversioning code?

> It is hard to tell if that is your scenario, but the basic
> root problem is that something has deleted the Subversion .svn folder.
I check and you're right this folder doesn't exists maybe me or something else delete it. Any chance to rescue this?

Cheers and thanks

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Reynier Perez Mira <rp...@uci.cu> wrote:
>  This is my first post to both list: subversion and subclipse. Before all let me say that for this first time I send the same post to both list, so if any say me wich is the correct list this wont happen again. Ok?
>
>  Well I use Eclipse and Subclipse as SVN plugin. When I do a "Sinchronize with Repository" task and then clic COMMIT I get this error:
>
>  org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Path is not a working copy directory
>  svn: 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model' is not a working copy
>  The system cannot find the path specified.
>  svn: Can't open file 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model\.svn\entries': The system cannot find the path specified.
>
>  org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Path is not a working copy directory
>  svn: 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model' is not a working copy
>  The system cannot find the path specified.
>  svn: Can't open file 'X:\www\gestionTrunk\plugins\sfGuardPlugin\lib\model\.svn\entries': The system cannot find the path specified.
>
>  I don't know if this is a Subclipse problem or a Eclipse thing. Can any help me with this?

My guess is that you are versioning a folder that Eclipse builds to?
I have seen instances before where the Eclipse builder will delete
everything (including the .svn folders) and then build everything.
Usually it is best to not version these directories and just version
the source code.