Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Priya.C" <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 08:44:23 UTC

Help in completion of academic project.

Hello Sir/Madam

I am a PG student at Amrita school of engineering. For my academic project
in Hadoop I need to add a new procedure for encryption in file system class
under moveFromLocal() procedure.Please guide me how to add a new procedure
under moveFromLocal().

Thanking you
Priya C
Amrita School of Engineering
Kollam,India.
--
Priya c

Re: Help in completion of academic project.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
The moveFromLocal is a simple utility method that uses the FileSystem
instance to upload a file onto HDFS and then deletes the source FS's
file. Is your goal just to encrypt files uploaded using this utility
method or is the goal to encrypt all files present in HDFS globally?

Adding more notes on how you're imagining to do this, what you've
already determined, what you're specifically looking for, etc. would
be helpful in having us answer as well.

--
Harsh J

Re: Help in completion of academic project.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Help in completion of academic project.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Help in completion of academic project.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J