Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by krv <vi...@onmobile.com> on 2007/12/05 15:38:21 UTC

Message restrictions

Hi,

I want to add restrictions at the ESB for the following properties on a
message:
 * Priority
 * Expiration - Messages should be discarded after the expiration time
 * Size limitation
I am currently using ActiveMQ as a transport so I could set these at
ActiveMQ level. But can anyone please suggest the best methods to enforce
the above functionality?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vivek

Re: Message restrictions

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 5, 2007 7:38 AM, krv <vi...@onmobile.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to add restrictions at the ESB for the following properties on a
> message:
>  * Priority
>  * Expiration - Messages should be discarded after the expiration time
>  * Size limitation
> I am currently using ActiveMQ as a transport so I could set these at
> ActiveMQ level. But can anyone please suggest the best methods to enforce
> the above functionality?
>
> Any response is greatly appreciated.

You could create a SU for the servicemix-jms component where you
specify a JMS message selector using the properties you note above.
This consumer would then consume messages that match your selector and
you could just delete those messages. You'd have to use the newest
consumer endpoint (jms:consumer in the xbean.xml file). More
information is available here:

http://servicemix.apache.org/servicemix-jms-new-endpoints.html

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Message restrictions

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 05/12/2007, krv <vi...@onmobile.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to add restrictions at the ESB for the following properties on a
> message:
>  * Priority
>  * Expiration - Messages should be discarded after the expiration time
>  * Size limitation
> I am currently using ActiveMQ as a transport so I could set these at
> ActiveMQ level. But can anyone please suggest the best methods to enforce
> the above functionality?

You could say thats just a smart router - ensuring a priority and
expiration are set (or overriding any values specified) then if the
size is too big sending a rejection message to the responder or
something.

So something like Camel or servicemix-eip could be used to filter
messages being sent?

--
James
-------