Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Matthias B." <ms...@winterdrache.de> on 2006/03/17 13:48:36 UTC

Excess space between top border and content

I'm trying to absolutely position an image on a page. I use the following
construction

<block-container absolute-position="absolute" left="..." top="..."
                 width="..." height="..."><block><external-graphic
vertical-align="top"                 src="url(...)" content-width="..."
content-height="..." /></block></block-container>

However I just can't get the image into the top-left corner of the
block-container. FOP always puts some space between the image and the top
border.

The attached files demonstrate the problem. Expected output would have the
little black square touch the left-border as well as the top border.
Actual output as can be seen in the PDF has the little square touch only
the left border. Is this a bug in FOP or am I doing something wrong? I'm
using FOP-0.91beta.

Another strange thing (related?) is that FOP puts the left border of the
block-container outside of the page area but puts the top-border inside
the page area. I haven't checked the FO specs on whether the borders are
supposed to be drawn outside or inside the coordinates
left/top/width/height, but I would have expected left and top border to
behave the same, so that for a block-container located at 0,0 I would
either see left and top or neither border.

MSB

--
The most simple solutions are the most difficult to find.