Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/01/30 18:16:16 UTC

CMS/SvnPubSub for site live ?

Hi Folks,
Ok to go live ?

Something missing ? (maybe sandbox parent release ?)

What else ?

Content is available for review here:
http://people.apache.org/~olamy/commons-content/

Olivier

Re: CMS/SvnPubSub for site live ?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2013/1/30 Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>> Ok to go live ?
>>>
>>> Something missing ? (maybe sandbox parent release ?)
>>>
>>> What else ?
>>>

>> Do we have a build how-to that works for any Commons component?

started something here:
http://people.apache.org/~olamy/commons-content/site-publish.html

> By that I mean a build-to-release how-to.
>
> Can any component be released or does each component need something from
> infra?
no need of infra.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/2/2 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> That's because maven relativize urls while building the site.
>
> Check a maven site build log you will see something like:
> Relativizing decoration links with respect to project URL:
> http://commons.apache.org/ognl/
> So as the link for commons home is declared as
> http://commons.apache.org, Maven transform it to ../ .
> I have "fixed" ognl
> <url> in pom with
> <url>http://people.apache.org/~olamy/commons-content/proper/commons-ognl/</url>
> So I have my log saying
> Relativizing decoration links with respect to project URL:
> http://people.apache.org/~olamy/commons-content/proper/commons-ognl/
>
> So that fix here: http://people.apache.org/~olamy/commons-content/ognl/
>
> I hope it make sense ?

Not really, but I'm sure you know what you doing :-)

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: CMS/SvnPubSub for site live ?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

2013/2/1 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
> 2013/1/30 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>> Hi Folks,
>> Ok to go live ?
>>
>> Something missing ? (maybe sandbox parent release ?)
>
> When I enter a subproject and then I want to go back to the main page
> via Home link on the right (under Commons section), it directs me to
> proper/ which simply returns directory listing. The same is for the
> rest of links under Commons section and for General Information as
> well - contain /proper/ in the url.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: CMS/SvnPubSub for site live ?

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2013/1/30 Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>:

> On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:16 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/
>> Agree for mapping proper/commons-attributes -> proper/commons-attributes-2.2
>> Why not with modifying .htaccess ?
>> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/content/resources/.htaccess)
>>
>> RedirectMatch ^(.*)/attributes/(.*) $1/proper/commons-attributes-2.2/$2
>
> If it works that is fine too.  I know when we were doing the logging site Christian had problems getting that to work properly.
>

>> symlink means:
>> * probably won't work for windauze folks.
>
> It does. On Windows svn creates a file that you can edit.
>
>> * you will need to checkout locally all the content from
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/
>> (which will be really bigger if versioned site documentation) whereas
>> it's not needed as the scm pub plugin help you to not have to do that.
>
> See the instructions on publishing the logging site. You can checkout and ignore most of the subdirectories you don't want.
>

>> In case of versioned documentation a new parent release will be needed
>> because parent has the subpub url defined with
>> <commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/${project.artifactId}</commons.scmPubUrl>
>> But each component can override that with
>> <commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/${project.artifactId}-${project.version}</commons.scmPubUrl>
>
> I guess you are assuming the site is actually published to production via Maven.  I never do that so there is no need to release the parent.  I run mvn site:stage-deploy to a local directory and then just copy that into the correct svn directory (i.e. something like commons-attributes-2.2) and then do an svn commit.  With a symlink you don't have to update the CMS site either. With .htaccess I guess you would.

just using: mvn (clean) site-deploy (seems more natural for me :-) )
then . htaccess (can be done via cms ui)

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
ech.. I don't want to complain, but I had (have) the same problem with
Struts project which is basically related to pushing changes directly
into production branch, which means you cannot test the changes on the
staging before pushing to production :\

Regards

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 02/26/2013 09:09 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Unfortunately there are now other things that do not work:
>
> The menu on the left side for any proper component contains also links
> to the Commons main page and general information:

> Components
> Sandbox
> Dormant
> Volunteering
>

> these links all contain a /proper/... part which is wrong.

I have to correct myself, for some components this works, others have
different links, e.g. /commons/... which seem to work.

Thomas

Re: CMS/SvnPubSub for site live ?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
fixed.
I missed to import javadoc 3.3, I will fix that now.

Doh I can add a new position on my resume: Webmaster :-)

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
yes.

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>.
Yep,

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> 2013/2/26 Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>:
> > Hi guys,
> > ATM there is no website which is working under commons.
> ??
> I have http://commons.apache.org working

yes this one work, but for all components I get an 404 error.

Also adding a trailing slash does not make a difference for me.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
Hi Oliver,

Olivier Lamy wrote:

> 2013/2/26 Maurizio Cucchiara <mc...@apache.org>:
>> Hi guys,
>> ATM there is no website which is working under commons.
> ??
> I have http://commons.apache.org working

But none of the links there to the individual components work.

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: CMS/SvnPubSub for site live ?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.