Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Lehman, Jason (Registrar's Office)" <Jl...@admin.usf.edu> on 2004/03/16 22:56:36 UTC

Trouble with AuthenSmb

I am getting the error below in my apache logs when someone can't be
authenticated.  If they are authenticated there are no problems.

Can't locate object method "log_reason" via package "Apache::RequestRec"
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5

.8.0/Apache/AuthenSmb.pm line 99.!

This box is a Redhat AS 3 box with apache 2 and mod_perl.

Jason Lehman

Webmaster, Registrar's Office

(813)974-4157 Phone

574-4157 Suncom

(813)974-5271 FAX

jlehman@admin.usf.edu Email

Re: Trouble with AuthenSmb

Posted by William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com>.
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 04:56:36PM -0500, Lehman, Jason (Registrar's Office) wrote:
> I am getting the error below in my apache logs when someone can't be
> authenticated.  If they are authenticated there are no problems.
>
> Can't locate object method "log_reason" via package "Apache::RequestRec"
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5
>
> .8.0/Apache/AuthenSmb.pm line 99.!
>
> This box is a Redhat AS 3 box with apache 2 and mod_perl.

Hi Jason,

>From my limited experience with mp2, it sounds like you may be using a
module that hasn't been modified to work in mod_perl2. Try adding 'use
Apache::RequestRec' to that module and see if that fixes your problem.
If so, you ought to post a bug report via CPAN.

HTH,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Re: Trouble with AuthenSmb

Posted by Shannon Eric Peevey <sp...@unt.edu>.
Lehman, Jason (Registrar's Office) wrote:

> I am getting the error below in my apache logs when someone can’t be
> authenticated. If they are authenticated there are no problems.
>
> Can't locate object method "log_reason" via package
> "Apache::RequestRec" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5
>
> .8.0/Apache/AuthenSmb.pm line 99.!
>
> This box is a Redhat AS 3 box with apache 2 and mod_perl.

Hi!

Make sure that you are using:

Apache::AuthenSmb-0.70

That is the newest version of AuthenSmb which works with mp2. For more
information on this, check out:

http://perl.apache.org/products/apache-modules.html#Porting_CPAN_modules_to_mod_perl_2_0_Status

thanks,

--
Shannon Eric Peevey                     =>  "speeves"
Dyno-Mite! System Administrator         =>  speeves@unt.edu