Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by yanjun qiu <qi...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/31 11:22:12 UTC

Checkstyle-IDEA plugin For Java

Hi Community,
I want to contribute code to Flink and I have followed the IDE set up guide as below:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/flinkDev/ide_setup.html#checkstyle-for-java <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/flinkDev/ide_setup.html#checkstyle-for-java>

I have installed Checkstyle-IDEA plugin in my Intellj IDEA 2019.2, but I found that it didn’t have Checkstyle Version 8.14.

I want to know which IDEA version or Checkstyle Version should be install.

Regards,
Bruce

Re: Checkstyle-IDEA plugin For Java

Posted by Biao Liu <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hi yanjun,

I have just checked the CheckStyle-IDEA plugin (latest version 5.33.1) [1].
8.14 is available in my environment (macOS).

I have no idea why it's unavailable in your IDE. Here are just some guesses.
1. There are some similar plugins of style checking. Have you install the
correct one?
2. Did you installed the latest version of CheckStyle-IDEA?
3. 8.14 is not the version of plugin. It's an internal version inside
the plugin. You could find it in "Preferences" -> "Other settings" ->
"Checkstyle".

Please let me know if none of the guesses is right.

[1] https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/1065-checkstyle-idea/

Thanks,
Biao /'bɪ.aʊ/

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.