Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ana Narvaez Vila <an...@sema.es> on 2001/03/08 14:50:34 UTC

Struts.jar in Weblogic5.1 SP8 Classpath?

I have struts.jar in directory 'lib' of my webapp, sometimes I receive
'NoClassDefFoundError' althought everything seems to work ok.

If I append struts.jar to my WEBLOGICCLASSPATH, that exception is not
thrown.

Anyone knows something about that?

<WebAppServletContext-maravediNet> action: Processing a GET for /logoff
<WebAppServletContext-maravediNet> action: Setting locale 'es_ES'
<WebAppServletContext-maravediNet> action:  Looking for Action instance
for class com.sema.maravedinet.servlet.LogoffAction
<WebAppServletContext-maravediNet> action:   Double checking for Action
instance already there
<WebAppServletContext-maravediNet> action:   Creating new Action
instance
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/Action
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader.findLocalClass(Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.boot.ServerClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.parentLoadClass(Compiled
Code)
        at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.reallyLoadClass(Compiled
Code)
        at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader$Slave.loadClass(Compiled
Code)
        at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionCreate(ActionServlet.java:1562)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1513)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:487)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:106)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:907)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:851)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:252)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:364)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:252)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)
<WebAppServletContext-maravediNet> *.html: init
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sema Group.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

Re: Struts.jar in Weblogic5.1 SP8 Classpath?

Posted by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de>.
Hi Ana,

> I have struts.jar in directory 'lib' of my webapp, sometimes I receive
> 'NoClassDefFoundError' althought everything seems to work ok.

> If I append struts.jar to my WEBLOGICCLASSPATH, that exception is not
> thrown.

> Anyone knows something about that?

you're probably running into those Weblogic classloader
problems. Turning on JSP precompilation and switching off
servlet and JSP reloading in the web.xml deployment descriptor
should help.

Matthias.