Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2010/10/09 20:55:15 UTC

[taglibs] Release for 1.2, was: The status of tomcat taglibs project?

On Oct 9, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Rex Wang wrote:

> 2. When do you plan to make the first release? Our project really wants to
> switch to the open source implementation..

Trunk now passes the JSTL1.2 TCK so we can release when we want to. However, there have already been some large changes in the 1.2 stream (such as the move to the Tomcat project, using a 1.5 runtime, switching to Maven build) that will be visible to users so if we are going to make any others my vote would be to do that before releasing 1.2.0 so they are only impacted once; examples of these are:

* using a different XPath implementation to fix the performance issues with the XML tags (changes dependencies)
* splitting out the 1.0 compatibility support into a different artifact
* clean-up on the Maven POMs (especially any changes that impact the parent POM)

We may also need to revise the release process based on the move to the Tomcat project and Maven build.

With that in mind, what do people think about shooting for a release towards the end of the month?

Fwd: [taglibs] Release for 1.2, was: The status of tomcat taglibs project?

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
FYI,

Finally, Tomcat community decides to make a release of the standard taglib.

-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: [taglibs] Release for 1.2, was: The status of tomcat taglibs project?

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
+1, Thanks for raising this! Jeremy.

Also, hope the release can be made as OSGi bundles.

-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org