Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/01 21:57:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release JXPath 1.3 based on RC2

First, thanks to all those who checked and found
issues with RC1!

The artifacts are here:
http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/

The tag is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/jxpath/tags/JXPATH_1_3_RC2/

Site:
http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/site

Clirr Report (compared to 1.2; one-shot not working w/
M2)
http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/clirr-report.txt

I'd be grateful if you can make time to check the
artifacts and cast your vote, which will be open at
least until Friday, May 9.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: [VOTE] Release JXPath 1.3 based on RC2

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
I found a bug in ServletRequestHandler (JXPATH-120). I wrote a new
TestCase using mock objets to cover the code of the
org.apache.commons.jxpath.servlet package, it will replace the tests in
the test-webapp directory.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [VOTE] Release JXPath 1.3 based on RC2

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2008/5/1 Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>:

>  --- sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > 2008/5/1 Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>:
>  > > Thanks for taking a look, Seb.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  --- sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >  > 2008/5/1 Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>:
>  > >  > > First, thanks to all those who checked and
>  > found
>  > >  > >  issues with RC1!
>  > >  > >
>  > >  > >  The artifacts are here:
>  > >  > >
>  > http://people.apache.org/~mbenson/jxpath-1.3-rc2/
>  > >  > >
>  > >  >
>  > >  > It would be nice if the Javadoc and Source
>  > MANIFEST
>  > >  > files contained a
>  > >  > bit more detail.
>  > >  > e.g. Implementation Version, Vendor etc.
>  > >
>  > >  parent?
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  >
>  > >  > The binary manifest says that the code is
>  > designed
>  > >  > for Java 1.3, yet
>  > >  > it was built and tested in Java 1.5.
>  > >  >
>  > >  > M2 requires only Java 1.4, so unless there is
>  > any
>  > >  > reason why that
>  > >  > cannot be used, at least it would be closer to
>  > the
>  > >  > target version.
>  > >  > This would at least catch any accidental usage
>  > of
>  > >  > Java 1.5+ methods.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  My primary dev environment is OSX... I guess I
>  > could
>  > >  boot to (blecch) Windows in the future...
>  > >
>  >
>  > Does OSX not support Java 1.3 or even 1.4?
>
>  Not that I'm aware; I'd love to be proven wrong,
>  however.

No idea myself, however you should be able to use Continuum (or
Hudson) to build with various versions of Java.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for taking a look, Seb.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the link to the JDK javadoc. Do you mind
> if I add the missing
> links on the trunk ?

Like Sasquatch?  What missing links?  :)

-Matt

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Matt Benson
>> <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks, Seb.
>>
>> I changed the m1 build to use JUnit 3.8.1 and add
>> the new dependency
>> for mockrruner:
>
> Niall, I apologize for having failed to express my
> appreciation of this assistance.  :)  But then you
> busted my chops on #asf, so maybe we're even... ;)

Hey np and sorry :)

>> Two tests continue to fail under JDK 1.3 (but pass
>> using JDK 1.4)
>>

> Yep, these are fixed now.
>
> [SNIP]
>
> I think that's all the outstanding issues.  If we are
> intellectually aware that the Ant and M1 builds work
> on 1.3 and that the maven.compile.source and target
> are set to 1.3 (inherited from commons-parent), does
> anyone have any further issue with my preparing RCs
> (if I can even remember how 1.5 months later) on 1.5
> (OS X, remember)?

Go for it.

Niall

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Seb.

I changed the m1 build to use JUnit 3.8.1 and add the new dependency
for mockrruner:

Two tests continue to fail under JDK 1.3 (but pass using JDK 1.4)

Testcase: testNamespaceMapping(org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.dom.DOMModelTest):	FAILED
Evaluating pointer <//product:name> expected:<...goods...> but
was:<...product...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: Evaluating pointer <//product:name>
expected:<...goods...> but was:<...product...>
	at org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathTestCase.assertXPathPointer(JXPathTestCase.java:122)
	at org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathTestCase.assertXPathValueAndPointer(JXPathTestCase.java:138)
	at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.XMLModelTestCase.testNamespaceMapping(XMLModelTestCase.java:825)

Testcase: testNamespaceMapping(org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.model.jdom.JDOMModelTest):	FAILED

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Seb.
-Matt

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.