Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2018/05/02 21:14:59 UTC

Java 10; JAXB; and Tomcat 9

I just did a clean install of TC 9 on a new system.  I downloaded the
latest JDK, (10).  My code started getting errors about JAXB Exception
class not found.  I had already faced this with the JAMES installation
and found out JAXB was removed in Java 9+, but was still available if
called out.  The forums said to include --add-modules java.xml.bind on
the Java command line.  This fixed it in JAMES.  But I added this to the
java options in the TC configuration app and get an "invalid option"
error.  Am I putting this option in the wrong place on the config
panel?  Is there another way to call out JAXB in TC?

Re: Java 10; JAXB; and Tomcat 9

Posted by Riccardo Cohen <ri...@5flow.com>.
I confirm that with java 10 I had to add javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api:2.3.0
maven archive, and also javax.activation:activation:1.1.1 .
All works fine with it

--
Riccardo Cohen
+33 6 09 83 64 49