Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ken Pelletier <ke...@nika.com> on 2002/11/26 23:14:38 UTC

SOAPAction HTTP header required.

I have a service which I've moved from Apache SOAP to Axis and am now
testing.

Apart from a couple of things, it's working quite well.

I have one instance where a particular client application can no longer
make calls to the service now that it's been placed under Axis, but
could when it was under Apache SOAP.

The client app, which is not under my control, does not send a
SOAPAction HTTP header, so Axis always returns a 'no SOAPAction
header!' fault to the client.

How can I get my service to consumer messages w/o SOAPAction HTTP
headers under Axis?

- Ken

Re: SOAPAction HTTP header required.

Posted by Xander van der Merwe <xa...@softtech.co.nz>.
I don't know of a way to avoid this, other than to change the Axis code to
not throw an exception when the SOAPAction is empty. This might not be a bad
idea as I believe the that the usage of the SOAPAction has not been
formalized yet. On the client side (using the MS SOAP toolkit) I got around
this by using the low-level MS SOAP api rather than the high-level api. The
low-level api allos you to specify this (which btw can be set to anything,
although convention seems to be "webServiceName#methodName").

Xander

Re: SOAPAction HTTP header required (again)

Posted by Ken Pelletier <ke...@nika.com>.
The trouble is that we are often writing services to be vended to
clients
over which we have no control - and the client tool vendors don't seem
to interpret
it as being required.

- Ken

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
In SOAP 1.1, the SOAPAction header is required, although the contents can be
empty.
In SOAP 1.2, the SOAPAction header is optional.

Anne