Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Matthew Holt <mh...@redhat.com> on 2006/06/23 15:37:58 UTC

[Fwd: SSO Modifications]

I realize my previous request was pretty steep. Basically I'm just
looking for any documentation that lays out Roller's class structure (in
regards to blog login/creation).

If that doesn't exist, can anyone point me in the right direction as far
as blog creation is concerned. I just need to be able to automatically
create a blog for a user if they do not exist. Thanks!

Matt

Re: [Fwd: SSO Modifications]

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 6/23/06, Matthew Holt <mh...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I realize my previous request was pretty steep. Basically I'm just
> looking for any documentation that lays out Roller's class structure (in
> regards to blog login/creation).

Take a look at org.apache.roller.ui.authoring.struts.actions and these classes.

   UserNewAction.add() - creates a new user account in Roller

   CreateWebsiteAction.save() - creates new weblog for a Roller user

Once you read those, you should know how to create new users and new
weblogs using the Roller API (i.e. the Roller manager interfaces and
POJOs).

> 1. Read SSO cookie username.
> 2. Check username against LDAP.
> 3. If Roller account doesn't exist, create one.
> 4. Log the user into Roller.

Roller uses the Acegi framework for authentication, so you may have to
write an Acegi plugin that hooks into the authentication process at
the right place to perform that logic.

And if you can, please let us know how that goes.

- Dave