Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by evanitsharp <ev...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/06 03:32:41 UTC

How can I change the listening port of VNC Server on XenServer

Hi, all:
    Here are the config of vncterm of XenServer:

[root@xenserver-nubbmomt ~]# vi /opt/xensource/libexec/vncterm-wrapper

#!/bin/sh
#
# Copyright (c) Citrix Systems 2007-2008. All rights reserved.
#
# Xen, the Xen logo, XenCenter, XenMotion are trademarks or registered
# trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc., in the United States and other
# countries.

DOMID=$1
shift 1

#Getting the VM UUID
export VMUUID=`"/opt/xensource/bin/list_domains" -domid $DOMID -minimal`

#For security reasons, we only listen on locahost by default
export VNCTERM_LISTEN='-v 127.0.0.1:1'

    I want to change vncterm to listen to all address. So I changed the express "export VNCTERM_LISTEN='-v 127.0.0.1:1'" to "export VNCTERM_LISTEN='-v 0.0.0.0:1'".
    But some minutes later, XenServer change it back Automatically. Why?How can I change config of vncterm Permanently?

   Looking forward to your reply, thanks.

  Alex

TravekSky

Mail:evanitsharp@gmail.com

Re: How can I change the listening port of VNC Server on XenServer

Posted by Yitao Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Due to the security issue, what you are doing are not suggested.If you
unblock the connection, anyone knows the port of vms and management ip of
xenserver will get the access to the vms. Don't know which version of
xenserver you are working.FYI, below are the steps to enable direct vnc
connection to xenserver 6.2.0

1.     edit the file  /opt/xensource/libexec/qemu-dm-wrapper add below args
to the guest under main method after qemu_args = ['qemu-dm-%d'%domid] +
argv[2:]
        qemu_args.append("-vnc")
        qemu_args.append("0.0.0.0:1")
2. restart xapi(maybe unnecessory)
3.open the firewall of vnc ports
    iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 5900:6900 -j
ACCEPT
4.shutdown and start your guest
5. find the vnc port of your guest using
6. using vncviewer other vnc client to connect your guest

---
Thanks,
Yitao(依涛 姜)
jiangyt.github.io