Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/06 14:47:00 UTC

Mentors - Release Process?

Hi Mentors,

Can you please give an overview (or point to a good overview) of what the
process is / what we need to do in order to execute our first release?

There is some information on the Accumulo and NiFi websites - happy to
synthesize those resources into a list for us and email for
comment/correction, but wanted to check first.

Thanks!

Ellison Anne

Re: Mentors - Release Process?

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.
As per the comments, I will plan to create a release branch on Friday --
whichever JIRAs/PRs are completed by that point will be included. That way,
we can start voting on Friday evening/Saturday.

Any concerns, please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Mentors - Release Process?

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: Mentors - Release Process?

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.
Excellent - thanks Suneel!

I would like to wait until Walter completed PIRK-13 and we complete/close
PIRK-29 before moving the branch off for a release vote. This should be
ready to go in the next couple of days.

Re: Mentors - Release Process?

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Mentors - Release Process?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mentors - Release Process?

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Ellison Anne Williams <

Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12383

Re: Mentors - Release Process?

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mentors - Release Process?