Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by st...@aegon.co.uk on 2007/03/12 12:31:01 UTC

SOAP over JMS setting the replyTo queue

Hi there,

I am attemtping to use the JMS transport mechanism to deliver a SOAP
message.  I am doing this by generating a proxy class through the
WSDL2Java tool as my main aim is to use WSDLs to document and publish our
services.

This approach works up to the point of putting a message on a queue.  This
I have done, but to engineer a reply has proven difficult.  A typical URI
that I would use for my jms "protocol" would be:

<soap:address location=
"jms:/queue?destination=STUART.IN&amp;connectionFactory=myQCF&amp;initialContextFactory=com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory&amp;timeout=5000&amp;targetService=Product_Version_V002JMS_SOAP_Service&amp;initialContextFactory=com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory&amp;jndiProviderURL=file:/h://bindings&amp;replyDestination=STUART.REPLY"
/>

As you can see I am attempting to set the replyTo queue, which is a
standard JMS operation.  However, I can't seem to find any reference to
this parameter and what the correct semantics are for using it.  Can
anyone tell me if they have set a replyTo queue in such a URI?  I find it
strange that the Axis API does not have a JMSConstant for the reply to
field.  Can anyone enlighten me about this?

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Bell
eCommerce Application Architect
AEGON UK
Tel: 0131 549 3553
Email: stuart.bell@aegon.co.uk

http://www.aegonse.co.uk

Scottish Equitable plc
Edinburgh Park
Edinburgh
EH12 9SE

Registered in Scotland (No. 144517)
Member of the AEGON Group
AEGON Scottish Equitable and AEGON Trustee Solutions are brand names used by Scottish Equitable plc.

For contact information, visit http://www.aegonse.co.uk/contact

 EMAIL  DISCLAIMER

This message is confidential and intended only for the person it's addressed to. If you have been sent it in error and should not have received it,  please email it back to the sender and delete it and any copies of it straight away.

We may monitor all electronic communications that go through our networks for security and for checking legal, regulatory and professional standards. If you get in touch with us by email, we may keep a record of your name and email address.

We don't accept service by Email of court proceedings, other proceedings or formal notices of any kind unless we've agreed to this specifically beforehand in writing.

We take care not to send viruses or other malicious software in our emails but like any net user we cannot guarantee that all the communications we send electronically are free from such things. So, for safety's sake, we would suggest that you have in place and use virus detection software.

RE: SOAP over JMS setting the replyTo queue

Posted by "Turner, John" <Jo...@irishlife.ie>.
I concur.  You always have the option of enhancing the JMSSender class.
I started to do this but could not figure if I was using the client side
configuration correctly.

Maybe, on the generated client stub you could do

        stub._getServiceClient().getServiceContext().setProperty(

            "transport.jms.ReplyTo", "myQueueJNDIName");

Then within JMSSender.invoke check for this property and if it is set
use the specified queue as opposed to the temporary queue.