Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com> on 2004/07/01 23:13:01 UTC

languages lucene can support

I have read many emails in lucene mailing list regarding analyzers.

Following is the list of languages lucene supports out of box. So they will be supported with no change in our code but just a configuration change.
English
German
Russian

Following is the list of languages that are available as external downloads on lucene's site:

Chinese
Japanese
Korean (all of the above come as single download)
Brazilian
CZech
French
Dutch

I also read that lucene's StandardAnalyzer supports most of the european languages. Does it mean it supports spanish also? or is there a separate analyzer for that? I didn't see any spanish analyzer in the sand box or lucene release.

Another question regarding FrenchAnalyzer. I downloaded FrenchAnalyzer and some methods do not throw IOException where it is supposed to throw. For example, the constructor. I am using 1.4 final (I know its relased only today :)). Whats the fix for it?

Praveen

Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:ppeddi@contextmedia.com
Tel:  401.854.3475
Fax:  401.861.3596
web: http://www.contextmedia.com
Context Media- "The Leader in Enterprise Content Integration"

Compile errors in FrenchAnalyzer

Posted by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com>.
I get compile time errors with FrenchAnalyzer in the constructor with file name and the method setStemExclusionTable.
Unhandled exception type IOException

How do I fix these errors? Should I just throw IOException or catch the exception in the method and ignore.

I am using lucene 1.4 final.

Praveen

Re: languages lucene can support

Posted by Ernesto De Santis <er...@colaborativa.net>.
Hi Praveen

You can develope your SpanishAnalyzer easily (or another language) with SnowballAnalyzer.

I send you my SpanishAnalyzer.

Bye, Ernesto.