Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/28 05:59:19 UTC

release plugin tagging with -SNAPSHOT

Here's some dialog with release:prepare

[INFO] Checking dependencies and plugins for snapshots ...
What is the release version for "Parent POM for the Juggernaut
components"? (com.basistech.jug:jug-parent) 57: :
What is SCM release tag or label for "Parent POM for the Juggernaut
components"? (com.basistech.jug:jug-parent) jug-parent-57-SNAPSHOT:

The following comes from help:effective-pom, so there's on other
release config hiding somewhere. Any clues?

 <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.2</version>
          <configuration>
            <password>${svn.password}</password>
            <useReleaseProfile>true</useReleaseProfile>
            <releaseProfiles>release</releaseProfiles>
            <remoteTagging>true</remoteTagging>
            <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>

Re: release plugin tagging with -SNAPSHOT

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-697

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
+1 under git, was just thinking I should raise a bug for it when I saw this email.

Watched and voted..

Posted by Julien HENRY <he...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

We are facing the same issue. This is a regression since last release of m-release-p. The proposed tag name contains a -SNAPSHOT.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-697

Regards,

Julien

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Never mind this here, I isolated this to 2.2 and made a JIRA.