Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steven Schreiber <sc...@neomar.com> on 2002/05/16 03:14:43 UTC

Ques: How to use namespaces in WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL?

I've been working to deploy a service using axis.  I have currently had it
working after running a Java2WSDL on the interface (and bean objects for
complex types) I wish to expose and then using WSDL2Java to create
server-side stubs.

My issue arises when I attempt to create these stubs in a sub-package of the
location for the package that the interface lives.  Specifically, I had the
generated stubs working when I was just running them in a package "test"
which was gen'd via the WDSL2Java due to assigning the namespace "urn:test"
and doing the mapping com.foo.bar.soap to urn:test during the WSDL
generation.

However, when I try to do the following mapping using
urn:stub.soap.bar.foo.com and mapping that to com.foo.bar.soap.stub all
seems well still.  But the when contacting this service from a client I
routinely get an org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException where the
axis system cannot find the bean types I mentioned before.

The interfaces and basic java beans (and business logic) that all live in
the com.foo.bar.soap package and I'm hoping to have all the axis specific
glue code in a subpackage stub.

So, what am I doing wrong here?  And further, are there recommended ways to
do what I'm trying todo with the package structure?  One of the other
problems with this system (if I had it working) is that the auto gen'd bean
structs for the server-side step on the original ones (that were used to gen
the WSDL).

Thanks for any help.
- steve schreiber