Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Shriraghavan, Sowmya" <SS...@ea.com> on 2006/04/28 20:49:53 UTC

TRACE vs DEBUG

Hi all,

Are the DEBUG and TRACE levels the same in log4j? My logger.trace
statement gets printed at the debug level - there are some events I want
to log at a lower level than debug. I checked Level.java and DEBUG and
TRACE both have the same int value = 7 in it. No luck with ALL either -
that also has value 7 in the Java file. Any ideas? I'm using Log4J with
Commons Logging.

Sowmya

Re: TRACE vs DEBUG

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Apr 28, 2006, at 1:49 PM, Shriraghavan, Sowmya wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Are the DEBUG and TRACE levels the same in log4j? My logger.trace
> statement gets printed at the debug level - there are some events I
> want
> to log at a lower level than debug. I checked Level.java and DEBUG and
> TRACE both have the same int value = 7 in it. No luck with ALL
> either -
> that also has value 7 in the Java file. Any ideas? I'm using Log4J
> with
> Commons Logging.
>
> Sowmya

trace was added with the log4j 1.2.13 release.  Commons logging
predates that and translates all trace requests to log4j debug
requests as far as I know.