Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by spamglik <sp...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/26 17:02:48 UTC

What happend to org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Inject ?

Hi I am upgrading from 5.0.5 and I do have some problems.
What happend to org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Inject ? How to inject
spring bean into the page?

regards

Re: What happend to org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Inject ?

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Spamglik,

So many changes since 5.05.
try this:

- create a new project using mvn archetype:create....
- copy your files to new project.
- put  log4j-1.2.14.jar  in <JETTY_HOME>/ext
- drop  <JETTY_HOME>/ext/log4j-1.2.8.jar

from http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-core/

   - Tapestry templates now use the extension .tml (not .html). Page
   templates in the context are now stored at the root, not under WEB-INF.

from
http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/templates.html

   - Component templates are stored with the component class file. The
   files have a ".tml" extension (i.e., *T*apestry *M*arkup *L*anguage),
   and are stored in the same package as corresponding component class (
   src/main/resources/.../components/).
   - For *pages* (not *components*), a second location will be searched:
   in the web application context. The location is based on the logical name
of
   the page, in the previous example, the template would be MyPage.tml in
   the root folder of the web application. A template on the classpath (
   src/main/resources/.../pages/) takes precedence over a file in the web
   application context.
<http://www.nabble.com/T5%3A-Upgrade-to-5.0.6-SNAPSHOT-tf4515211.html#a12878469>

Marcus

Re: What happend to org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Inject ?

Posted by spamglik <sp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I also get the exception when I try to start the app

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError
	at
org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.<init>(RegistryImpl.java:162)
	at org.apache.tapestry.ioc.RegistryBuilder.build(RegistryBuilder.java:131)

Do You have any idea maybe what went wrong?

regards

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi spamglik,