Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "REN,ZHANGLING (HP-Boise,ex1)" <zh...@hp.com> on 2002/01/02 18:06:06 UTC

IdGenerator for table 'X' is null

Hello everyone,
The following exception is threw:
java.lang.Exception: IdGenerator for table 'Event' is null
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:777)
	at
com.hp.cp.psp.database.om.BaseEventPeer.doInsert(BaseEventPeer.java:175)
	at
com.hp.cp.psp.database.om.BaseEventPeer.doInsert(BaseEventPeer.java:446)
	at com.hp.cp.psp.database.om.BaseEvent.save(BaseEvent.java:497)
	at com.hp.cp.psp.database.om.BaseEvent.save(BaseEvent.java:462)
	at com.hp.cp.psp.database.om.BaseEvent.save(BaseEvent.java:445)
	at com.hp.cp.psp.database.Test_IDHelper.main(Test_IDHelper.java:42)
when I tried to save the following object to the database:
            Event event = new Event();
            event.setEventName("name");
            event.setEventType("type");
            event.save();

I am using the IDMethod="idbroker" and the idBroker table is created and
populated with correct ID_TABLE_ID, TABLE_NAME, NEXT_ID and QUANTITY. The
primary key in the event table is eventID with datatype eventId INTEGER (I
tried with both with and without AUTO_INCREMENT).

I am using the Torque-standalone and mysql. I downloaded the newer
torque-3.0-dev version on 12/31/01 and the problem still occurs. I am new to
Torque and not sure whether I missed some thing in the environment setting
or what.

Thanks a lot

Zhangling Ren

Re: IdGenerator for table 'X' is null

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
The attribute should be idMethod="idbroker".

john mcnally