Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tod <li...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/01 17:46:52 UTC

UpdateXmlMessage

I can do this using GET:

http://localhost:8983/solr/update?stream.body=%3Cdelete%3E%3Cquery%3Eoffice:Bridgewater%3C/query%3E%3C/delete%3E
http://localhost:8983/solr/update?stream.body=%3Ccommit/%3E

... but can I pass a stream.url parameter using an UpdateXmlMessage?  I
looked at the schema and I think the answer is no but just wanted to check.

TIA

Re: UpdateXmlMessage

Posted by Tod <li...@gmail.com>.
On 10/1/2010 11:33 PM, Lance Norskog wrote:
> Yes. stream.file and stream.url are independent of the request handler.
> They do their magic at the very top level of the request.
>
> However, there are no unit tests for these features, but they are widely
> used.

Sorry Lance, are you agreeing that I can't or that I can?  If I can, I'm
doing something wrong.  I'm specifying stream.url as its own field in
the XML like:

<add>
  <doc>
   <field name="author">I am the author</field>
   <field name="title">I am the title</field>
   <field name="stream.url">http://www.test.com/myOfficeDoc.doc</field>
   .
   .
   .
  </doc>
</add>

The wiki docs were a little sparse on this one.

- Tod

Re: UpdateXmlMessage

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.