Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org> on 2021/01/28 09:14:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release manager for 0.10

Hi All,

As you might have noticed we have forked branch-0.10. Work is ongoing to
stabilise the release and test. The major functionality in this release is
gang scheduling and the cache removal in the core.

We hope to release soon as the last release was already 4 months ago. I am
hoping someone will volunteer to be the release manager.

I have added a lot of documentation here [1] while working on the last
release. Most of the process is automated. I will be around to help with
the process. If we find bits that we have not documented or steps where we
can improve automation I will help out with that too.

Thank you,
Wilfred

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-yunikorn-release/blob/master/docs/release-procedure.md

Re: [DISCUSS] Release manager for 0.10

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Tao,

Thank you for volunteering. We will help you throughout the release process.
I do think that we have a gap still in the planning and jira handling part.
Give me a day or two to write something up to give you something to hold on
to for that part.

As you can see there has been a lot of activity in the branch and master.
We found the travis build process really slow and are moving to github
actions.
When that is done we can start working on the release plan and look at the
outstanding jiras for 0.10.
Here is the list of jiras currently tracked for 0.10:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12348416

Wilfred

Posted by Sunil Govindan <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Tao,