Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/14 03:54:36 UTC

MirrorMaker 2

Can I override the retention on target topics through mm2.properties ?  It
should be as simple as  stating the retention.ms globally ? Am also
curious whether it can more at a single channel level ?

For example A->B, topic on B should have a retention of x and for B->A the
retention is y..

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Re: MirrorMaker 2

Posted by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Though it seems my attempt to set a topic compression.type on a destination
cluster topic ( note that the source as no compression.type set )  was
promptly over ridden by MM2, which I find a little limiting. I would argue
that though it is a topic level compression some use case primarily if it
is a back up and recovery  use case would be smaller cluster... on may be I
could do this using mm2.properties ? but not apparent.

Re: MirrorMaker 2

Posted by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Verified.

Re: MirrorMaker 2