Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Barrie Selack <bs...@digipixart.com> on 2006/04/06 17:02:54 UTC

[email] org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Missing local name

When I'm running my application local (on localhost) it sometimes works
fine, and other times give this error:

org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Missing local name

and fails sending the e-mail.

It runs fine on other boxes (our test and production site)

I'm sure it has something to do with the local machine name/setup, but
it's strange that it works sometimes, and sometime not, with no changes,
besides restarting the application.

(the hosts file...)

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1       local.ourdomain.com

Any suggestions? or anyone else with this problem?

I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Thanks,

Barrie

Re: [email] org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Missing local name

Posted by Barrie Selack <bs...@digipixart.com>.
>Got a stack trace for us?

In getting the stack trace.. I found the problem.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm doing a copy and filter in my Ant build to
replace e-mail addresses properties. (which works fine) Then during
development, I occasionally just command line copy changed template files
over to the webapp side. In my copying these files, I was inadvertently
overwriting the filtered e-mail properties with the @...@ values. (I was
copying a directory I should not have been!)

That was causing an

javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Missing local name in string
``@mail.order-processing.email@''

which in turn caused the

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Got a stack trace for us?