Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by johana pin <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/22 00:40:26 UTC

[s2] set action error text from resource bundle

Hi,

How can I use a global resource properties file (defined in struts..xml as:
<constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources" value="ApplicationResources"/>
) for setting an action error text in an action class having an error key ?

I tried: addActionError(getText("error.business.norights")), but the problem is that the text is not found and the key is returned.

When I use only in jsp: <s:text name="error.business.norights" /> the text is found - the output is ok.
When I use in the action the call: 'getText("error.business.norights")' the key is returned and after that in jsp the s: text tag does not output the value of the key anymore. The output is the key: 'error.business.norights'.

Thank you,

that gives answers, not web links.