Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2007/03/23 17:01:20 UTC

forthcoming mp1 release

hi all :)

ok, a release of mod_perl 1.0 is forthcoming.  here are issues we need
to address:

  o the META.yml file in the MANIFEST is causing me grief, to the point
where I can't 'make dist' without removing it first.  I don't really
grok this META.yml foo, so I may just alter the MANIFEST and move forward.

  o the Apache-SizeLimit tests fail under various circumstances because

      Apache-SizeLimit/../lib

  isn't in @INC.  to reproduce, just nuke all Apache/ directories in
your /usr/lib/perl, re-install Apache-Test, and go.

I'm not sure what to do with this latter issue.  really, we need to make
sure we include the proper directory for a mp1-based install while not
wrecking an independent A-SL CPAN install.

so, someone needs to address this issue well or we need to back out the
A-SL integration for this release.

whatever the path, it probably needs to happen today :)

--Geoff

Re: forthcoming mp1 release

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> hi all :)
>
> ok, a release of mod_perl 1.0 is forthcoming.  here are issues we need
> to address:
>
>   o the META.yml file in the MANIFEST is causing me grief, to the point
> where I can't 'make dist' without removing it first.  I don't really
> grok this META.yml foo, so I may just alter the MANIFEST and move forward.

I've fixed this, and the META.yml is now correctly auto-generated and
make dist once again works without a hitch.

>   o the Apache-SizeLimit tests fail under various circumstances because
>
>       Apache-SizeLimit/../lib
>
>   isn't in @INC.  to reproduce, just nuke all Apache/ directories in
> your /usr/lib/perl, re-install Apache-Test, and go.

Which has since then been fixed by yours truly!

> I'm not sure what to do with this latter issue.  really, we need to make
> sure we include the proper directory for a mp1-based install while not
> wrecking an independent A-SL CPAN install.
>
> so, someone needs to address this issue well or we need to back out the
> A-SL integration for this release.
>
> whatever the path, it probably needs to happen today :)

It has happened already ;-)