Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Natra, Uday" <UN...@cooksys.com> on 2001/04/13 05:47:43 UTC

J2EE security with Struts

Hi All,
Can I use J2EE security model when using the struts framework? Like using a
form with names j_username & j_password etc etc..
Thanks,
Uday.

Re: J2EE security with Struts

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Natra, Uday wrote:

> Hi All,
> Can I use J2EE security model when using the struts framework? Like using a
> form with names j_username & j_password etc etc..
> Thanks,
> Uday.

Yes, you can -- as long as your servlet container supports this.  You'll
need to check your container docs for how to define new users and
roles.  In Tomcat, for example, you edit the file
"conf/tomcat-users.xml" for this purpose.

Craig