Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Baker <jb...@teamenergy.com> on 2001/08/21 22:13:16 UTC

Mozilla and Tomcat

Hello.

Ever since the Mozilla builds between 0.9.2 and 0.9.3 (and I mean all builds,
including 0.9.3), I have experienced some problems with redering Tomcat
generated pages.

If I change a jsp (I have reloadable on for development) then I will often
see just this when the page reloads:

If I keep pressing refresh. after four or five attempts the page will reload
properly. Now I assume this is something odd tomcat is doing, and Mozilla is
then getting confused, because this doesn't happen with any other website
I've visited.

Any other Mozilla users seen this? Or have a solution?

Cheers

John Baler

--
John Baker, BSc CS.
Java Developer, TEAM Slb. (http://www.teamenergy.com)

Re: Mozilla and Tomcat

Posted by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com>.
One thing to remeber about the way Mozilla does "view source".
when you ask Mozilla to "view source" it wil pop up a new window and
then do a new GET request on that page. This can really screw you on a
page with posted data from a form submission. This differs from IE and
Netscape 4.x series. IE will actually show you the source of what you
have downloaded, Netscape will give you a useless (imho) message saying
that "this page has posted data and cannot be viewed yadda yadda yadda"
while Mozilla will just send a brand new request to the webserver,
losing all the preciuos variables you typed and selected in the previous
page's form.

I love the 2001 08 26 mozilla nightly build btw.

--
Vincent Stoessel vincent@xaymaca.com
Java Linux Apache Mysql Php (JLAMP) Engineer

Re: Mozilla and Tomcat

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 01:50 PM 8/21/2001, you wrote:
>I've ran into similar problems with Internet Explorer. Not exactly though.
>Basically, I've seen IE display a cached page, even if you have caching
>turned off. What I do is completely exit and restart my browser each time I
>test a change to a servlet.

Yeah, IE has a wicked sticky cache.

Re: Mozilla and Tomcat