Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com> on 2004/06/14 23:40:04 UTC

[betwixt] XDoclet Integration

Has any thought been given to producing at least an .xdt template
file for creating betwixt mappings using xdoclet?

Re: [betwixt] XDoclet Integration

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
> dunno i just think that it'd be cool :)

I played with this idea some time ago, but it boiled
down that for my use cases it was not worth writing.
I got away with default behaviour.

> > I will suppose to do it as  new xdoclet-2 plugin.
> > ( better templating, faster, error check for tags,
> > self documenting tags etc. )
> >
> > it's already usable.
> >
> > Ask me if you have problems / questions  how to
> > compile everything necessary.
>
> i'm not sure i parse this properly. could you expand
> a little?

Well, there is new xdoclet 2 in alpha phase, but
already usable ( I use it in production )

It has new arhitecture, faster parser and better
templating system ( you can use jelly / velocity )

And as a bonus there is sane ( mostly ) error
reporting in case of illegal usage of @-tags

> the mailing list now strips out most attachments so
> you'll need to use
> bugzilla if you wanted to contribute some code.

Well, this code could go into xdoclet plugins, and I'm
by chance a commiter of both old xdoclet, and new
xdoclet-plugins...

So code can as well go into xdoclet plugins jira
( on codehaus )

I do not like bugzilla at all...  It's not so easy to
use.

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verst�rkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] f�r die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich
----[ http://www.pribluda.de ]------------------------

Re: [betwixt] XDoclet Integration

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi

On 16 Jun 2004, at 10:30, Konstantin Priblouda wrote:

> --- robert burrell donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> not really but i think that it'd be cool :)
>>
>> fancy volunteering?
>
> Well, what tagset do you nave in mind?

dunno i just think that it'd be cool :)

since Matthew's got a clearer idea of what's needed, he'll jump in
here...

>> (i'll be tied up for the next week or two cutting
>> releases for various
>> components)
>
> I will suppose to do it as  new xdoclet-2 plugin.
> ( better templating, faster, error check for tags,
> self documenting tags etc. )
>
> it's already usable.
>
> Ask me if you have problems / questions  how to
> compile everything necessary.

i'm not sure i parse this properly. could you expand a little?

the mailing list now strips out most attachments so you'll need to use
bugzilla if you wanted to contribute some code.

- robert

Re: [betwixt] XDoclet Integration

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- robert burrell donkin

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
not really but i think that it'd be cool :)

fancy volunteering?

(i'll be tied up for the next week or two cutting releases for various
components)

BTW

1 i've finished creating a release branch for the older stuff and
merging in the newer design from the refactoring branch. i'll be
pushing for the 0.5 release from the release branch but (once you're
officially a commons committer) i'd be happy for you to start looking
at the code on HEAD.

2 some of your ideas about also chimed with some recent stuff on the
user list. i'll probably pull some stuff into an email later in the
week.

3 i don't realistically have the time right now to look at your
previous patches (i have four releases still outstanding) but i am keen
on it and i will try to find time to get back to it soon. so don't get
too discouraged :)

- robert