Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Shay Hatsor <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/31 16:08:16 UTC

ZooKeeper client in C# that's working with 3.4.6 servers

hi,

inspired by the work of ewhauser <https://github.com/ewhauser> I've created
a new and improved version.
There are some issues with his version:
* no support for multi
* no support for sync
* bugs in first connecting to zk (it allows the client to send request
packets before the connect packet)
* the current c# code is a bit too different than the java code (which
makes it almost impossible to keep up with the java changes.
* no support for .NET 4.5 and async/await.

I've been working for the past several weeks on making this a reality. I
branched from the release of 3.4.6 and I'm happy to say it looks very good.
I've converted all tests that don't need the server object directly,
working against a local java ZK server. 81 tests are passing, consistently
:)

I wish to contribute the code back, so others can enjoy and contribute.

Regards,
Shay Hazor

Re: ZooKeeper client in C# that's working with 3.4.6 servers

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Shay,

It's great to see this, could you give us a pointer to your repo so that we can have a look?

One question out of curiosity. You say that the old version doesn't support async/await, which is definitely very C#-ish and good to have, but I was wondering how you got around the fact that async/await doesn't guarantee the order of continuations. Our clients currently execute callbacks in order by using a single dispatcher thread.

Thanks,
-Flavio