Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/27 11:08:49 UTC

HBase 0.98 rpm

Hi ,

1) Where can we find hbase.098 tar
with  hbase 0.98  directory structure similar to hbase-0.94.19  ?
 i,e ..

Directory structure of hbase 0.98
# ls
bin/      dev-support/     hbase-common/      hbase-hadoop2-compat/
 hbase-prefix-tree/ hbase-shell/      LICENSE.txt  README.txt
CHANGES.txt  hbase-assembly/  hbase-examples/      hbase-hadoop-compat/
hbase-protocol/ hbase-testing-util/  NOTICE.txt   src/
conf/      hbase-client/    hbase-hadoop1-compat/  hbase-it/
 hbase-server/ hbase-thrift/      pom.xml   target/

where as directory structure of hbase-0.94.14

# ls ../hbase-0.94.14
bin/  CHANGES.txt  conf/  docs/  hbase-0.94.14.jar  hbase-0.94.14-tests.jar
 hbase-webapps/  lib/  LICENSE.txt NOTICE.txt  pom.xml  README.txt
sbin/ security/
 src/

we downloaded hbase 0.98 and hbase 0.94 from
http://www.webhostingjams.com/mirror/apache/hbase/hbase-0.98.2/hbase-0.98.2-src.tar.gzand

http://www.webhostingjams.com/mirror/apache/hbase/stable/hbase-0.94.19.tar.gz

respectively .

2) we are trying to build an rpm out of hbase 0.98 version , where can i
get the spec file or srpm for the same if available ?

Thanks
oc.tsdb

Re: HBase 0.98 rpm

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. should setup bigtop work space  and then build rpm
Correct.

bq. there are any links describing in details

I got the command in my previous post from README file.

Cheers

Re: HBase 0.98 rpm

Posted by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: HBase 0.98 rpm

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
This is what I did:

Re: HBase 0.98 rpm

Posted by oc tsdb <oc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: HBase 0.98 rpm

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>

RE: HBase 0.98 rpm

Posted by Kashif Jawed Siddiqui <ka...@huawei.com>.
Follow http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html

Choose a download site from the list of Apache Download Mirrors mentioned in the link

For RPMs, why do you need rpm build ? The tar installation is relatively easier

Regards
KASHIF

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!