Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au> on 2006/11/05 16:31:25 UTC

Basic config question (I think)

I have a ProductStore with a Facility configured as a Retail Store. Some
of the relevant Store parameters are:

Is Immediately Fulfilled: YES
One Inventory Facility: YES
Check Inventory: YES
Reserve Inventory: YES
Require Inventory: YES

When I make sales through the POS application, all seems to work fine,
however, when I make sales through the Order Manager, I keep getting an
error when I try to Quick Ship an order. If I raise a sales order for a
product, approve it, and then try to quick ship it I get an error saying:

Warning: no shipments created; could not find anything ready and needing
to be shipped.

It looks like there is no record being created in orderItemInventoryRes,
and consequently the Quick Ship service doesn't find anything. Anyone
know what param to tweak to fix this (I've fiddled with most of 'em :-(

It is appropriate to configure a single store/facility to use both as a
POS retail store AND to fulfill other orders such as phone orders, or
special orders (customer walks into the store and asks for something not
in stock)? Should I have multiple stores to model the different sales
channels?

I appreciate any tips - this is quite frustrating because I thought I
had this stuff worked out (and I open my store in about 3 weeks time :-)

Cheers, Iain

Re: Basic config question (I think)

Posted by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au>.
Jacopo,

Thanks for the quick reply. Believe it or not, I just found the problem
myself :-)

I guess that means I need separate stores to handle POS and non-POS
transactions :-) I learn a little more each day.

Thanks again, Iain

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
The intention of a ProductStore is to represent a set of options that
represent a way to sell products to a customer. The decision to put
this field on the ProductStore is based on the fact that generally a
physical store and an online store will have rather different
settings, including: fulfillment/shipping options, payment options,
products for sale, how inventory is managed, and so on.

So yes, if you have one online store and one physical store you would
have two ProductStore records.

-David

Posted by Daniel Kunkel <Da...@BioWaves.com>.
Hi