Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/10/06 05:45:48 UTC

[FALCONJX] Combining SWF and JS compilers (was Re: AW: [FalconJX][FlexJS] COMPJSC and Build order)

Fred Thomas did some work in this area about a year ago.  In the
flex-oem-compiler module that FB (and maybe other IDEs) use to talk to the
compiler, he added a FLEXJS_DUAL -js-output-type.  Not sure how well it
works.

Thinking about this some more we'd have to have the same configuration
options available to both compilers which might be a bit strange.  Or
maybe we can convince the compilers to not complain about unknown config
parameters.

We'd have to decide on how to reset the library-path for each compile.
The JS compile might use different SWCs than the SWF compile.

We'd have to select a few conditional compile options that would be
different for each compiler.  For example, COMPILE::SWF would be true for
SWF compiling and false for JS compiling and vice versa, and maybe finding
those params on the command-line would have no effect since they would be
dictated by the compiler.

Thoughts?
-Alex

AW: [FALCONJX] Combining SWF and JS compilers (was Re: AW: [FalconJX][FlexJS] COMPJSC and Build order)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I would like to propose a different approach:

Unless these approaches led to a dead end and there is no solution down that path, I would rather suggest to refactor the compiler to allow dynamic adding of alternate compilers. Currently the supported compilers are limited by the JsOutputType enum. If we however used something like the Java service thing I used for the Flex Tool Groups, we could allow new experiments to start in dedicated Jars and we wouldn't have such a mixture in case someone wants to try something out.

Chris

________________________________
Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

AW: [FALCONJX] Combining SWF and JS compilers (was Re: AW: [FalconJX][FlexJS] COMPJSC and Build order)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
And I think GOOG was another flavor intended to leverage more of GCL but
is not currently supported.

So I think the only active ones are JSC, NODE, FLEXJS (which is the
default).

We might retire FLEXJS_DUAL depending on how we decide to combine the
compilers.

-Alex

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.