Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/09 20:16:02 UTC

[m2] dependency scope and jetty

I have a web app that I run in jetty using jetty6:run. The problem is
that I need hsqldb for the database. How do I specify the dependency so
that it won't get packaged? If i use 'provided' then it isn't in the
classpath when jetty launches. On an unrelated note, where can you find
a list of all the scopes?

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: [m2] dependency scope and jetty

Posted by Jan Bartel <ja...@mortbay.com>.
Hi Dan,

Try using a <dependency> for the plugin instead:

 <plugin>
        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-jetty6-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>  </groupId>
            <artifactId>  </artifactId>
            <version>  </version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
 </plugin>

On the scopes, the only source of info I know about is:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

cheers
Jan