Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ian McDonnell <ia...@spinnerscity.com> on 2004/07/06 01:35:21 UTC

Problem with IndexFiles.java

When i try to run this program in JBuilder, it gives me the error message

"Usage: java class org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles <root_directory>"

Obviously this means that args==0. I'm unsure on how to change this to ensure that it creates a directory called Index.

again any help would be great, cos i'm a total novice with lucene and am struggling slightly with getting the hang of it.

Thx

Re: Problem with IndexFiles.java

Posted by Luis Muniz <lu...@b2boost.com>.
Hi Ian,

Your problem doesn't seem to be Lucene (not yet, at least ;-) ), but
JBuilder. You just need to find the way in JBuilder to feed arguments to
your program.

Usage: java class org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles <root_directory>

only means that the application IndexFiles expects an argument pointing to your document root directory.

I hope this helps a little