Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Glenn E. Sieb" <ge...@cibernet.com> on 2004/12/10 21:44:12 UTC

The joys of *-commit scripts!

I have to say--this is one of the neatest things I've seen.. :)
[yeah I'm easily amused, but hey--if it makes my life (and the dev
team's lives) easier? I'm all about that!]

Just a silly question... where is this mysterious log-commit.py I see
referenced in post-commit?

I've looked in the tools directory in the source code, no go.. I've
searched the web--I see a lot of people asking the question, but I don't
see any answer.. :)

Anywho :) thanks in advance, everyone!
Best,
--G.

--
Glenn E. Sieb
QA Tools Engineer

Re: The joys of *-commit scripts!

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Glenn E. Sieb" <ge...@cibernet.com> writes:
> Well.. if I do, it'd have a different name.. like maybe log-commit.pl ;)
>
> Plus, what I'm thinking of doing would be have it update a file
> somewhere, like on our internal TWiki, with copies of the log messages
> from each commit. That could be handy.
>
> Ideas? Thoughts? Comments?

This isn't really related to our post-commit.tmpl file, but if you
come up with something of general usefulness, then do post it here.

Thanks,
-K

Re: The joys of *-commit scripts!

Posted by "Glenn E. Sieb" <ge...@cibernet.com>.