Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "G.S.Vijay raajaa" <gs...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/01 14:25:28 UTC

Hive HBase integeration use case

Hi,

       I would like to have HBase as a data storage and use Hive for data
warehousing.

The issue with the integration is,

The HBase table is composed of composite keys following the below structure:

*HBase ROWKEY:*  Hash(customer_id)+customer_id+time+event_id

 and

*column:* usage : value

The structure of Hbase rowkey makes every entry a distinct one.

Is it possible to split the rowkey and map them as columns of the hive
table as explained below:

I am trying to create a hive table with the following column structure:

customer_id,event_id,time,usage

This will enable me aggregate data by grouping the column ( time or
event_id)??

Any thoughts on the same??

If there isn't a direct handling by hive HBase integration, can you suggest
any other means??

Regards,
Vijay Raajaa G S

RE: Hive HBase integeration use case

Posted by Vivek Mishra <vi...@impetus.co.in>.
You may want to try by creating UDF/UDTF hive function

-Vivek