Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tony peel <to...@yahoo.ca> on 2004/02/18 23:07:42 UTC

spamassassin + exim eq double headers. (debian woody)

I am currently running exim (3.35-1woody2)
spamassassin (2.20-1woody3 ) , spamassasin appears to
work fine. Messages are tagged, subjects are changed.
All is well.

The problem appears to be duplicate headers It looks
like the original headers are kept, and the spamd
headers are added _AFTER A BLANK LINE_ thus causing
email clients to assume this is the start of message
text.

Here is an example :

<snip>
	From: tony@domain.com
	Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:50:00 -0500

	To: tony@domain.com
	Subject: test
	From: Jesse Ward <to...@domain.com>
	Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:50:00 -0500
	1
	2
	3
</snip>

Here is the relevant information from my
/etc/exim/exim.conf

# SpamAssassin
spamcheck:
    driver = pipe
    command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
    transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
    bsmtp = all
    home_directory = "/tmp"
    current_directory = "/tmp"
    # must use a privileged user to set
$received_protocol
    # in the second exim process!
    user = mail
    group = mail
    return_path_add = false
    log_output = true
    return_fail_output = true
    prefix =
    suffix =

AND ....

# SpamAssassin
spamcheck_director:
    # do not use this director when verifying a
local-part at SMTP-time
    no_verify
    # When to scan a message :
    #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
    #   -   it isn't already scanned
    #   -   it didn't originate locally (as long as I
don't harbor spammers
    condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{local}} } {1}{0}}"
    driver = smartuser
    transport = spamcheck

here is my relevant info from /etc/default/
# Change to one to enable spamd
ENABLED=1

# See man spamd for possible options. The -d option is
automatically added.
OPTIONS="-c"

This was the walkthrough i have used to configure my
machine
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/
 .

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, in my
efforts to removing the "Double Header syndrome" ( i
have also read through this thread
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200301/msg00828.html
, with no avail )