Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Dunkin, Nick" <Ni...@ccur.com> on 2017/05/17 20:38:58 UTC

Redirection enabled and TIME_WAIT

Hi

We are using the proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled feature in ATS 7.0.

We are finding that when ATS receives the 307 Redirect from Origin, it closes that connection and creates a new one to retrieve the redirected content.  The result is that, when under load, we end up with a large amount of sockets in TIME_WAIT.

I can’t find any other configuration options that might alleviate this situation.

Does anyone have any insight or advice to offer?

Many thanks,

Nick Dunkin

Re: Redirection enabled and TIME_WAIT

Posted by "Dunkin, Nick" <Ni...@ccur.com>.
Hi Sudheer

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, and there is no Connection: close either.  All other Origin request behavior is normal.  We only see this when the Origin issues a redirect.

Thanks,

Nick

From: Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 4:56 PM
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org" <us...@trafficserver.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Redirection enabled and TIME_WAIT

Do you use persistent connections to the Origin? If so, the connection should not be closed by ATS (unless the Origin returned 307 with a Connection : Close header).

Thanks,

Sudheer

Posted by Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo.com>.