Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2007/07/18 14:48:45 UTC

Threaddeath logging during session serialization??

Hello,

Trying to check serialization of our web application under tomcat, i get
the exception below. Basically, catalina is trying to use a
webappclassloader for it's logging purpose. Can somebody explain me how
this can happen? I suspect a bad interaction between logging facilities
in tomcat and those in our webapplication, but i was thinking catalina
was separating them properly. Using tomcat 5.5.7 (Yes, i know it's not
the most recent, but i can't upgrade production server for now).

18-juil.-2007 14:41:11 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
loadClass
INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
already.  Could not load org.apache.log4j.spi.ThrowableInformation.  The
eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.
    at
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
Caused by: java.lang.ThreadDeath
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1221)
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1181)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
    at org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:145)
    at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:379)
    at org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:844)
    at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.warn(Log4JLogger.java:169)
    at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObject(StandardSession.java:1442)
    at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObjectData(StandardSession.java:911)
    at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doUnload(StandardManager.java:516)
    at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.unload(StandardManager.java:462)
    at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.stop(StandardManager.java:664)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4261)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java:892)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConfig.java:1147)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java:1119)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:312)
    at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1051)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1063)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(StandardEngine.java:445)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:512)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:586)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:561)
    ... 6 more

--
http://www.noooxml.org/